You are here
For the past 54 years, the United States Rugby Foundation has remained dedicated to introducing the sport of rugby to thousands of young rugby players across the country. Because of your ongoing support and generous donations to the U.S. Rugby Foundation, rugby continues to be America’s fastest growing sport!
But our work here isn’t through! Help us continue to make a difference in the sport of rugby with your tax-deductible donation today!
With your support, the U.S. Rugby Foundation has made a big impact in the sport of rugby throughout the United States. If it weren’t for your generous donations, the USRF would not have been able to reach nearly as many young ruggers and accomplished so many notable developments.
- We created the U.S. Rugby Hall of Fame in 2010 to honor those who’ve made significant contributions to rugby in the United States. Visit the U.S. Rugby Hall of Fame at www.usrugbyhalloffame.org.
- We have provided over 14,000 rugby balls to over 1,300 youth and high school teams, schools or community programs.
- We have also provided over 6,000 balls to individual youth rugby players to have as their own through our A Ball 4 All program.
- With the 10 we'll award this year, we have provided 92 Kevin Higgins College Scholarships since the program’s creation in 2008.
- We have issued High Performance Grants to 15 promising high school and collegiate players to attend the International Rugby Academy of New Zealand. Six of those recipients have gone on to play for the U.S. 7s or 15s teams, including current Eagle, Cam Dolan.
- We established the Graham Downes Rugby Scholarship Program in 2014; sending talented young players to Durban, South Africa to take part in a four-week course at the Sharks Academy. To date, seven promising players have received Graham Downes Rugby Scholarships. The first recipient, Ben Pinkelman, was a 2016 U.S. Olympian.
- We created the Dick Donelli College Scholarship Program in 2014. The first recipient of the annual award was Denisse Zambon.
- We provided grants to several youth rugby organizations, including the Illinois Youth Rugby Association ($16,000), Rugby PA ($3,500), Memphis Inner City Rugby ($2,500), Play Rugby USA ($2,500), Chicago Hope Academy ($2,500) and Houston Youth Rugby Association ($2,500).
- We raised over $25,000 for the U.S. Men’s Collegiate All-American team for their past tours to South Africa, New Zealand and Canada.
- We provided $2,500 to the U.S. Women’s National Team for their trip to the 2010 Rugby World Cup.
- We helped raise over $20,000 for the rugby community affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- We provided $25,000 for the 2005 and 2006 Online High School Injury Studies.
Your contribution, whatever the amount, will make a difference in the sport.
Thank you for your support.
Yours in Rugby,
If you prefer to mail in your donation, please make check payable to the USRF and send to:
404 Euclid Avenue, Suite 302
San Diego, CA 92114