You are here
As the Eagles head outside their borders for the final two weekends of the Americas Rugby Championship, more changes have been made to the starting lineup. After sitting out the Chile win, Nick Civetta, Hanco Germishuys and Shaun Davies are back.
Davies is logging his first start under head coach Gary Gold, who started Nate Augspurger against Argentina XV, Canada and Chile. Davies came on and played significant minutes in the first two, but was rested in the third. Augspurger gets the nod at wing instead this week.
Germishuys is making his third start of the year, and Psalm Wooching his second, but they’re getting on the field together for the first time ever. Both have made some smashing runs so far this tournament. They’re joined in the back row by Cam Dolan, who earns his fourth-straight start at No. 8.
Making their first appearances under Gold this weekend are Chris Baumann, who starts at tighthead, and reserves Peter Malcolm and Matt Jensen.
"The boys have done an excellent job opening the tournament at home but we need to remain focused and continue to improve in critical areas," said Head Coach Gary Gold, indicating how the squad has approached the last week of training. "Our next two matches will be a challenge as both Brazil and Uruguay will need us to put an extra emphasis on the set piece."
The Eagles currently sit alone at the top of the ARC table at 4-0 with three bonus points. The only way they can be caught is by slipping up in the final two contests. The Eagles take on Brazil in Sao Jose Dos Campos Saturday at 3:40 p.m. ET.
USA MEN’S EAGLES STARTERS | USA vs BRAZIL | 2018 AMERICAS RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP
- Huluholo Moungaloa | Life West Gladiators
- Dylan Fawsitt | Old Blue of New York
- Chris Baumann | Leicester Tigers (ENG)
- Ben Landry | Glendale Raptors
- Nick Civetta | Newcastle Falcons (ENG)
- Psalm Wooching | Seattle Saracens
- Hanco Germishuys | Austin Elite
- Cam Dolan | San Diego Legion
- Shaun Davies | Glendale Raptors
- Will Magie | Glendale Raptors
- Josh Whippy | Utah Warriors
- Bryce Campbell | Glendale Raptors
- Dylan Audsley | San Diego Legion
- Nate Augspurger (C)| San Diego Legion
- Mike Te’o | San Diego Legion
USA MEN’S EAGLES RESERVES | USA vs BRAZIL| 2018 AMERICAS RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP
- Peter Malcolm | Austin Elite
- Anthony Purpura | San Diego Legion
- Angus Maclellan | Utah Warriors
- Matt Jensen | Utah Warriors
- Tony Lamborn | Hawkes Bay (NZL)
- Ruben de Haas | Free State Cheetahs Academy (RSA)
- Ben Cima | San Diego Legion
- Paul Lasike | Utah Warriors
USA MEN'S EAGLES STAFF | 2018 AMERICAS RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP
Gary Gold: Head Coach
Greg McWilliams: Assistant Coach - Backs & Attack
Scott Lawrence: Assistant Coach - Defense
Shawn Pittman: Assistant Coach - Set Piece
Chris Hanson: Team Manager
Dave Hodges: Men's Eagles General Manager
Jimmy Harrison: Performance Analyst
Kevin Ng: Head ATC
Dr. Jeff Mjaanes: Team Doctor (Feb. 18 - Mar. 4)