You are here
The Women’s Rugby Coaches and Referees Association (WRCRA) will stage its first conference December 7, 8, and 9 at Queen's University, Charlotte. This is a much-anticipated event that will bring together hundreds of American women who want to foster the growth and development of rugby in the United States. The three-day session will welcome coaches, referees, players, administrators, journalists and fans.
The organization was founded in January 2018 with two main goals:
- Support women rugby coaches and referees in all aspects of professional development, as a means to advance the sport of rugby for girls and women
- Increase the number of female coaches, referees, administrators and journalists at all levels of rugby
Leading guest speakers will offer talks on many topics. There will also be Breakout Panels.
FRIDAY - DECEMBER 7
* A Future That Inspires Women's Leadership
Nicole LaVoi, Co-Director of the Tucker Center for Research on Girls & Women in Sport
* Making the road by walking Women on USAR congress and the board
Jamie Burke, Rosalind Chou, Jenny Lui, Jenn Heinrich, KJ Abel Ruch and introducing Julie Lau
SATURDAY - DECEMBER 8 (Lunch sponsored by Penn Mutual Insurance)
* The Female Brain Project sponsored by World Rugby Shop: Female Concussions and Sideline Protocol
Donna Duffy and Will Adams
* Global Women in Rugby Strategy 2017-2025
Katie Sadleir, GM Women's Rugby for World Rugby, will give an overview of year one of a new, eight-year strategy aimed at accelerating the global development of women in rugby.
* Creating a Culture of Philanthropy in Rugby: Establishing, Managing and Growing a Rugby Endowment. Annemarie Farrell
* Talent identification and plans for women's high performance rugby
Emilie Bydwell and Carol Isherwood
* Turning '"We Got Game" into "We Got Value." Welcome to the unapologetic era of marketing with Pam Kosanke
SUNDAY - DECEMBER 9
* It's on us: Creating Healthy, vibrant initiatives to grow the game, Participant-led sessions focused on Youth and high school, College, Club, and Referees.
This is a seminal event in the future for women's rugby in America.